Destinazioni / CANADA
Citta di partenza
Cruise effortlessly on a chain of a chain of beautiful lakes, rivers and canals of this breathtaking part of Canada.
Our Suggested Cruising Routes
From/to the base of Smiths Falls, for a week, a short break or a long break, you will be sure to find the cruising route that will suit you. We are suggesting the following ones, but you can also design your own itinerary.
Short Breaks: 3 nights
- The Tay Canal Short Break - via Beveridges
- The Taste of Canada Short Break - via Perth
- The Victorian Short Break - via Merrickville
Week Cruises: 7 nights
- The Southern Rideau Cruise - via Portland & Jones falls
- The Northern Rideau Cruise - via Merrickville, Burritt's Rapids and Long Island
- The Seeleys Cruise - via Newboro and Seeleys Bay
Long Breaks: 10 nights
- The Fishing Heaven Long Break - via Merrickville, Newboro and Kingston
- The Nature Lovers Long Break - via Merrickville, Long Island and Ottawa
This spectacular capital city is awash with impressive national sites, famous landmarks and lively neighbourhoods. Ottawa is the perfect stopping point for your boating holiday in Canada. Visit Ottawa Castle and indulge in noted collections of Canadian art at the National Gallery of Canada.
Breathtaking Big Rideau Lake
Enjoy the beautiful scenery of the mighty Big Rideau Lake. Located just south of Smith Falls the lakes shore is lined with beautiful cottages and offers fishing opportunities aplenty.
Nicknamed 'the Jewel of the Rideau', Merrickville is a picture perfect Canadian town with a vibrant artisanal community. Stop here on your Rideau Canal houseboat holiday tour and explore the town and its beautiful surrounding nature.
Top 10 secret gems of the Rideau Canal Rideau
Woodland Ramble Garden
Baxter Conservation Area
Smiths Falls' Railway Museum of Eastern Ontario
Wheelers Maple Sugar Camp
Cindy and Derek's chocolate shop in Seeley's Bay
Newboro's Kilborns department store
The wildlife of the Tay Canal
Jones Falls 'whispering' Dam
Merrickville's Downtown Ice Cream Shoppe
Scheuermann Vineyard and Winery